For over 25 years, L’OCCITANE has been creating the highest quality body care, skincare and fragrance products using natural ingredients. In an effort to respect the environment, L’OCCITANE rigorously selects its ingredients. The use of natural, traceable ingredients is at the core of L’OCCITANE product development:
1. L’OCCITANE products are never tested on animals.
2. No animal product or by-product is used in the manufacture of L’OCCITANE products (with the exception of honey).
3. Most L’OCCITANE packaging includes Braille labeling.
4. In accordance with its ongoing commitment to human rights, L’OCCITANE guarantees that none of its products are manufactured using child labor.
5. L’OCCITANE supports traditional production methods. By giving priority to local suppliers, L’OCCITANE supports local employment and certifies quality standards.
6. L’OCCITANE shopping bags are made from recycled algae, removed by L’OCCITANE from the Venetian canals under a program to combat pollution.
7. The use of A.O.C. (Appellation of Controlled Origin) ingredients guarantees that L’OCCITANE products are made of the highest quality ingredients from Haute Provence. Currently, A.O.C. Lavender and A.O.C. Olive Oil are used in L’OCCITANE Harvest products.